The Rolex 5512 is a popular wristwatch launched in 1959. It is a vintage stainless steel timepiece that features automatic movement, complete with sweep center seconds and black dial with luminous dot, baton and dagger numerals. Rolex stopped production of the 5512 in the late 1960's and the printing on the dial changed to white.
The archetype of the diver's watch, the Oyster is actually the first waterproof watch Rolex made. Following that, all waterproof watches made by Rolex carried the name Oyster. It refers to the waterproof tonneau-shaped case. It is able to withstand 660 feet (200 meters) through the use of a screw down back and screw down crown. The case is topped with a domed acrylic crystal.
• Black dial, domed acrylic crystal
• Superlative chronometer
• Officially certified, four lines of writing
• Swiss - T<25 at the bottom
• Stainless steel
• Oyster perpetual (waterproof and self-winding)
• 200 meters 660 feet (meters first up to 1969)
• Totally original, unpolished screw-down crown
free domestic shipping on all online orders