Michael Furman’s Giclée prints (or what is referred to as archival pigment prints) were produced on an Epson 9000 using Ultrachrome archival, pigmented ink - 10 colors
"We did this photograph about three years ago. Since first taking this shot, the car has been completed. This photo shows the body completed with unpainted metal, or white metal. I personally prefer this look and think it is so fabulously cool. There is something about the unfinished metal that strikes me as being rather interesting. I find it fascinating because it reveals all the welds, all the seams of the car… It becomes very organic looking and you get the sense of a craftsman’s touch. You can see all the spot welds, all the little tooling as the metal is bent and changed… A lot of times the makers have to weld little patches into the metal for various reasons… It is definitely the work in progress, and from that, it becomes captivating.
What’s especially interesting to me is all those louvers on the back of the car. Each one is hand cut. There’s more than 100 louvers on the bottom panel, and I believe, there’s more than 100 on the top panel as well.
The gentleman that owns this car not only owns a historically significant collection of street rods (in fact, we’re doing his book on street rods right now), but has also commissioned newer cars to be made into street rods. The newer cars have become instant classics because they have won the top awards at roadster shows and street rod shows around the country." - Michael Furman
This piece is part of a previously never before shown series of works by Michael Furman, now available to Patina Gallery for our Season of Gratitude.
- 18” (45.72cm) height of image
- 27” (68.58cm) width of image
- Artist's Proof
- Limited edition of 10
- Image is numbered and signed by the artist
- Paper is Hahnemülhe Photo Rag Bright White 310 gsm all cotton
- Paper is acid and lignin free. ISO9706 conform / museum quality for highest age resistance
- Printing is performed through RIP software which optimizes files for the chosen substrate and assures consistency from print to print Ultrachrome archival, pigmented ink - 10 colors
- Please allow two weeks for delivery across the United States