Sculpted pine, textured card stock, stucco, acrylic latex paint, graphite.
Santa Fe artist Roberto Cardinale returns to Patina for the first time in over a decade to present the Chapelle Notre-Dame du Haut (Our Lady of the Heights), honoring its likeness of the chapel by Franco-Swiss architect Le Corbusier, located in Ronchamp, France.
The artist's interpretation of the chapel honors the site for the modern and organic revelation that it is. Cardinale captures several elements that nod to the original chapel including its layered, sweeping rooflines and the soft mixtures of color and texture. He also sculpts the vivid likeness of exterior embellishments, from stairs and balconies to each functional miniature door and swiveling painted murals. All expertly and exquisitely honor scale and proportion.
The piece is presented as a solo release, Channeling Le Corbusier, and is an exceptional tribute to this important religious and architectural legacy of the 20th century.
• 18" (45.72cm) height of sculpture
• 16" (40.64cm) width of sculpture
• 24.50" (62.23cm) depth of sculpture
• One of a kind
• The piece is currently on hold. It will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis on Thursday, December 23, 2021
• A portion of the proceeds will benefit New Mexico nonprofit Cornerstones