Upcycled traffic signs, aluminum, copper rivets
Boris Bally is the master of re-invention. Transforming road signs into utilitarian works of art, Bally gives recycled aluminum new life, in colorful, dynamic proportion. Carefully turned, Bally's platter pieces are spun and slightly pushed to a concave form, amplifying its original character. To place upon the counter, or hang on the wall, Bally's work is a multi-faceted piece ready to be admired for its use or its beauty.
Effective charisma purvey this work by Bally. Adjoined upcycled street signs illuminate moments in time between the history of the material and its delightful composition. A bright, bold center is dominated be a deep red. Highlighting the darkened area is that of a recognizable figure of a bicycle. Nicely married with the emboldened tones of red is that of a distinct blue, lying in the outer periphery of the piece. Murmurs of white purvey the palatable landscape adding notable intrigue to the composition. An exceptional piece fit for your soul-stirring engagement.
• 24" (60.96cm) diameter of platter
• 3.50" (9cm) depth of platter
• Circular grommet is carved for custom designed bracket provided, in order to hang on the wall
• Pieces are sterilized clean with armor all
• Pieces may be hand washed
• Courtesy of DPW - Department of Public Works
• Highly reflective, outer periphery material may not be bent
• One of a kind